1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not just good, Sonic good.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, May 22, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

People who put ketchup on anything are questionable at best.

And Sonic is awesome. Awesome.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The onion rings are great, they are the only thing that I make an effort to get other than drinks. If I have to give another choice, I kind of like their popcorn chicken.

Oh, and don't tip the damn carhops! Unless someone can tell me without a shadow of a doubt that they make a waitress' wage and they live on tips, I will NEVER tip a Sonic girl. And they will take your change if you don't watch them, I know from experience.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not sure about everywhere, but several franchisees do pay them wait wage and not minimum.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sonic's drinks are awesome, but their food is grease-soaked hell.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Things to get at Sonic:

Ocean Water
    Limeade
    Cherry Coke (and if I ever get one without a cherry in it, I curse the Sonic Gods).
    Popcorn chicken (like the Colonel, I swear they put an addictive chemical in it that makes me crave it fortnightly)
    Tots
    Foot-long chili cheese coney
    SuperSonic cheeseburger

and they're breakfast rocks too

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"[/Harry Callahan]

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you don't put ketchup on french fries, you just aren't American. Get out Commie!

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Judging from mustang's previous posts, he's from my old neck of the woods where they've shown Sonic commercials every other commercial break for at least five years. It was to the point where I just thought it was some hoax because I'd never seen one.

So, the when I made a trip down south, where I reside now, for an interview, I saw one for the first time. I nearly caused an accident swerving across three lanes of traffic to pull into the lot. Like Mustang, I was severly overloaded...bought a burger combo (huge), a Frito chili cheese wrap (delicious, and my go-to item), a shake (very good) and a Coke.

After I finished and nearly died because I couldn't breathe, I immediately called at least 10 people to let them know Sonics do exist. So, long story incredibly long and boring, I'm guessing Sonic is packed because everyone is ready after years and years of marketing.

Dude, seriously, try the Frito chili cheese wrap...and fuck some sweet tea. ;)

Oh, and those chili cheese tots are the shit.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember when I was a kid, a Foodtown supermarket opened up. First of its kind in the area. You'd have thought there was an asteroid coming to town. People were filling up carts, the lines at the register was 10 deep, you had to wait an hour just to check out. Ridiculous.
    Couple years later, a Little Caesar's opened up in a strip mall. A Little Fucking Caesar's. Quite possibly the nastiest pizza ever, and in a town with plenty of mom and pop shops. The lobby was so full, people were wating outside. My friends and I, not having anything else to do, waited about two hours for a shitty piece of cardboard with sauce on it. It was probably a damn pizza box with toppings for all I know. I think we spent more at the 7-11 next door waiting for the pizza, than we did for the pizza.

As for Sonic, the banana and strawberry shakes rock. Most of their shakes are damn good. Not worth waiting an hour for, but still good.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

No. 1 combo all the way with cheese, onion rings and a Diet Coke with a banana milkshake for the capper.

If the onion rings are cold, send them back. If they are "Fuckthosearehot" hot, eat them before they get cold.

I do not eat their hotdogs after 3 p.m. Lunchtime chilidogs with onions and cheese are good.

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

You know how one small thing can turn you off of a restaurant or a chain... It happened with me at Sonic.

I made a late-night milk-shake run for the (ex) girlfriend. After I placed my order, I saw a trio of rats -- not mice -- flippin' rats scurry into the building.

I passed the window, I passed Go! and did not accept their treats. I caught hell for 30 seconds back at home until I explained the rats.

12. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I second that. Their limeades are the bomb, but their food is nasty.

Draft saved Draft deleted