1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not just good, Sonic good.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, May 22, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A Sonic just opened up in my neck of the woods. Its the first in the area.

Went there today and there was an hour wait just for drinks. People everywhere, cars everywhere. Complete madhouse.

This got me thinking, I should quit journalism and open up a Sonic.

I need a total of $100,000 in assets so if anyone wants to help me out let me know.

If not, you can let me know if it is worth waiting in line to get some food there. I've never been, but I'm sort of curious since the commercials are run here 24/7.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The food isn't that great. But the sweet tea is awesome. Just go during happy hour.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The food is good...really damn good. Big. But not for that wait.

Give it a week and go then.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed. It's like anything new to the area, let the luster wear off first. Then go enjoy. And get a vanilla root beer. Mmmmm.

5. Inky_Wretch

I have a standing rule of not going to a new restaurant during the first three months it is open.

It lets the staff work out the kinks and lets the crowds die down.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shakes are usually pretty good (no real shake places in this supposed haven).

Outside of the Coneys, the rest of the food is no great shakes.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I hope it is better than McDonald's Sweet Tea.

Anyway... I want to plan out a menu ahead of time so I don't freak out when I see all the choices at once. This happened to me at Del Taco once. Ended up with about $20 of food. Eeeee.

Here is what I have so far:

Drink: Cherry Limeade Slushie
    Main course: Sonic Bacon Cheeseburger and a chili cheese coney. Maybe a double cheeseburger if I am feeling like a huge fat ass.
    Side: Chili Cheese Tater Tots- its three of the greatest foods all in one.

Dessert: Banana Cream Pie Shake

Thats it for now. What would everyone else get?

8. Inky_Wretch

It is.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, their burgers are HUGE. Like twice as big as a Whopper huge. I would not get a cheeseburger AND a coney unless you're like Gilbert Grape's mom.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Love their burgers, but can't stand all those flavored drinks. I like their ice cream concoctions, too.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I love Sonic (there's one right across the street from my office), especially at lunch. But my one beef with them stems from a couple of years ago when I got a burger and fries and asked for ketchup. The carhop told me they were out of ketchup.

What.
    The.
    Fuck?

How in the name of all that is holy can a burger joint run out of ketchup?

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sonic opened downtown here a few years ago on a pedestrian mall and it was closed up within two years. Unfortunately. I like Sonic. Not as much as In-N-Out, but that's a different galaxy anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted