1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not good idea to threaten the NYC Police Commisioner in the comments section

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 22, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

gothamist.com/2012/02/22/gothamist_commenter_arrested_for_th.php

I am trying to decide if the NYPD is out of control and paranoid (because of other instances lately), or if this one is justified by the facts after the subpoena, because the guy was charged in 2004 with firing a gun out his window.

In any case, what is wrong with people?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Big Brother is always watching.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy, that's a pretty direct threat, and when his background shows up it's automatic to take it seriously. The guy certainly fits the broad profile of someone deranged enough to do it.

I wish I could remember where I heard it, but years back during some kind of debate about whether authorities had overreacted, someone pointed out that if McVeigh and Nichols had been investigated for similar threats, they would have said it was just free speech and they weren't really advocating an attack against America. I don't know, that always stuck with me.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with the NYC Police Commissioner.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Man, the guy should be arrested for stupidity.

Draft saved Draft deleted