1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not for chugging: A 32% ABV beer!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I think Hop Stoopid is closer to 8% but it is pretty tasty.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Absolutely! The place was heavenly. Their pretzels were fantastic.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

On a completely different note, Grandma's Weapons Grade Ginger Beer. It may be only 5.5%, but this stuff does not fuck around.

Not available in bottles, which is all that kept a recent visitor from introducing it to the United States.

http://www.whealmaidenbrewery.com/

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If all anyone wants to do is get wasted...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Had a pint of Lagunitas Brown Shugga that was very sweet and drinkable at 10%

6. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

The Maple Porter is pretty delicious. Has more than a hint of maple syrup taste. If you like maple syrup, you'll love this beer. Very smooth, too. Sweet and heavy, though, so more than a couple might be too much.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've got a bottle of peach in the refrigerator chilling right now.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is absolutely delicious and I've only tried the 120 Minute once or twice. La Fin Du Monde is one of the first beers I ever had when I was 21.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Anyone suggest some good winter brews with higher ABV? I had the Samuel Smith's seasonal last weekend, which I believe is 8 percent. Another good one from them. I don't think I've ever had a beer from there I haven't loved.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Any of Southern Tier's imperial stouts (Choklat, Jah*va, Mokha, Creme Brulee, Oat) weigh in around 10-11 percent and are flavorful and win. Oat came out recently, Choklat is out or about to be out, and you can probably still find the Creme Brulee around in bottles.

Heard very good things about Old Rasputin Imperial Stout (9%). I have a bottle that's been waiting for the right occasion.

Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout is a year-round and pretty good too. It's 8.5 percent.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does the chill take the anti-freeze like burn off?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Oh no! It turns out that the Scots are banning the super strong beer because they are afraid it "promotes excessive drinking."

This is terrible!

Draft saved Draft deleted