1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

not even hometown jaguars are interested in tebowing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

NFL teams currently lacking quarterback who's won what Hondo regards as one measly playoff game: Arizona. St. Louis. Detroit. Minnesota. Carolina. Atlanta. Philadelphia. Washington. Buffalo. New York Jets. Miami. Jacksonville. Kansas City. Cleveland. Cincinnati. Oakland. That's half the league. Of course a number of those teams have quarterbacks who're way better than Tebow. But winning in the playoffs is never something to disparage.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Everyone missed the true lesson of the Broncos' playoff run in 2011, which is Kyle Orton is tits on a boar hog useless.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Al Davis were still alive, I would bet money on Tebow winding up in the Silver and Black. I still think it's possible.

I like the way Caldwell handled things... Obviously he told the owner that if he took over, there would be no Tebow and one would assume the owner is OK with that.

Caldwell could have been like most GMs and said, "I would never comment about a player who is under contract on another team...." and the speculation would have continued for the next few months...

He handled it perfectly.

4. Mizzougrad96

Rex Grossman has won more playoff games than Tebow.

5. Tebow, far and away, achieved more than most of the haters could have even dreamed, while in Denver. And saying he only achieved his playoff win because of Demarius Thomas, you know, the guy who caught a pass in stride, is laughable. He threw for over 300 yards in that game. While he didn't look like Brady delivering the ball, he deserves just as much credit as anyone else on that team for that win. Nonetheless, his time was up when Manning became available, just as it would have for over half of that season's starting quarterbacks in the NFL. I just don't understand why, for a guy with a very particular set of skills, he wouldn't be a viable 2 or 3 for an established NFL team with a solid core in place. And there are only a handful of them, who don't have dysfunction running the roost, out there.

6. Mizzougrad96

I wonder how long the Jets will wait before they cut him loose. I would hope they would do it before free agency starts.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

First, they have to hire a general manager who CAN release him. Might not have that done by Memorial Day.

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I'm guessing people aren't exactly lining up for a job where they can't fire the head coach.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

even the worst, most pthetic teams dream of a day they will no longer be pathetic, mg. tebow kills that dream 'cause his limitations are so crystal clear... if medicrity is a team's ultimate goal tebow is a fit. but all the while he is your qb you're on the lookout for the 'real deal' -- but tebow hinders the opportunity to trip over the 'real deal' 'cause his mediocrity drives a segment of a fan base into a delusional frenzy.

he is not worth the headaches he creates -- the change in system a team must undergo, pressure from the lunatic fringe that lurks in almost every fanbase, etc. etc. etc. at best he'll give a team mediocre results that they will feel trapped into repeating over and over and over. i get sick and tired of the tebow talk i'm often guilty of igniting myself. circles circles circles, like running on a bridge to nowhere.

i just cannot understand how i can fail so miserbly to get my point across. it all seems so perfectly clear to me.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012011400/2011/POST19/broncos@patriots#tab=analyze&menu=gameinfo&analyze=boxscore

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And RGIII!

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My goodness, your hard-on against the guy exceeds my hard-on for him.

Your counterpoint to "he beat the Steelers" is "he got crushed by the Patriots"? The Patriots who were the conference's top seed?

Peyton Manning's Colts once lost a playoff game to the Patriots 20-3. And once lost to the Jets 41-0.

Draft saved Draft deleted