1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not A Good Weekend For Warren Sapp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sapp on Michael Strahan:
    "I don't think his résumé stacks up," Sapp said, listing Tony Dungy, Walter Jones, Marvin Harrison and Derrick Brooks as more deserving candidates on this year's ballot. "Four straight Pro Bowls and a mythical sack record. When you really measure it up, he comes up short, except you all are giving it to him."

Sapp on Defensive ROY Sheldon Richardson:

Let’s not anoint this kid the next best thing since sliced bread yet,” Sapp told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News for a story published on Wednesday.
    .According to the Daily News, Sapp took issue with Richardson’s belief that he should have been drafted higher.

“As soon as that kid gets off the ‘I think I was better and should have been drafted in a different position,’ maybe he’ll see his future,” Sapp told the paper.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Sapp story I'll always remember is that one of the writers at one of the Tampa papers (I forget which one...) was going out to Oakland to do a story on Sapp's first season with the Raiders. The writer called Oakland's PR department and asked them to make sure Sapp would talk to them. They asked him, he said yes. Writer flies out there and Sapp says, "Fuck you, I'm not talking..."

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Warren Sapp, weekend epilogue:

Sapp, a 2013 Hall of Fame inductee who currently works as an analyst for NFL Network, said he approached Strahan on Saturday night to apologize.

"I hugged him and wouldn't let him go," Sapp said Sunday on NFL Network. "I said, 'Please forgive me.' I said, 'Dumb Lex Luthor came to the city of Gotham and pulled Superman's cape. How foolish could I have been, my man? Please forgive me.'

"If he tells the story any different, he's lying to you, America, because I sure did apologize. I'm going to beg for forgiveness because there's a party in Canton, and I promise you, I'm not going to miss it."

Stay classy, lard-ass.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10391476/warren-sapp-apologizes-michael-strahan-critical-comments

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, he's not wrong about Strahan, considering how long it took Dent, Doleman and Thomas to get in. We're not talking about Bruce Smith here.

Strahan's there on his second ballot because he helped beat the undefeated Patriots and he's on TV.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Strahan is deserving, but there's no question other factors helped him get in when he did.

6. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I believe Sapp also lost $100,000 bet on the game.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These two have feuded since their playing days.

8. Warren Sapp is an ass-hat. This is not a revelation.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He's everything you're all. saying, but he's right about Strahan. I can't say if he's right about Richardson.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that Sapp was 0 for 2. Strahan made the HOF and Richardson
    was voted Def ROY..

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We talking *this* weekend? Or Draft Weekend 1995? Or that investigation a couple years back?

Warren finds trouble. He seeks it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted