1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not a Good Idea Thread: Motorcycling Naked. Oh, and Drunk, too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Anyone travelling I-75 in central FLA yesterday could have gotten more than an eyeful. A guy piloting his motorcycle sans clothing. Turns out he was drunk, too (surprise!). That gives him one for the thumb in terms of DUI arrests.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20940854/detail.html

There is a picture of the alleged nekkid biker (clothed is his prison garb it would seem), but This Thread Is Just Damn Fine Without Pictures. Posting that pic would benefit noooooo one.

And it brings to mind a couple follow-up questions.

Wouldn't riding a motorcycle in the buff be considered bad naked as opposed to good naked?

If you happened to be driving along the highway and saw someone piloting a motorcycle in the buff, who would you want that person to be?

2. partain

partain Member

Quotes from the story:

"I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

Folks in the next office are wondering why I can't stop laughing.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

A few weeks back we had a guy get arrested when the cops drove by and saw him standing naked in the yard. They asked him what he was doing. "Oh, I'm just out walking around."

He was drunk. It wasn't his yard.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sir, could you please stop that. Motorcycles don't even have stick shifts.

5. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

I like the quote from this story and wonder how many similar stories begin with a similar declaration:

"The unemployed man told the deputy he did not remember where he was coming from, and said the last thing he remembered was going to Hooters, according to the report. Hooters is off SR 200 near the interstate.

"When asked if he had anything to drink, he said yes. He had no explanation for his nudity."

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090916/ARTICLES/909161000/1402/NEWS

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"The senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity."

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Former Detroit Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen was unavailable for comment ...

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

There are some things you just shouldn't do when you're drunk.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are also lots of people you shouldn't do when you're drunk.

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Thank God ....

BTW, the Wendy's where that happened was in my neighborhood. It's closed now. Wonder if that was why?

The manager said he had just transferred from an inner-city Wendy's. He thought it was a freak show at his previous restaurant, but this changed his mind.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

This.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Best. Halloween. Costume. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted