1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not a good 24 hours for President Bush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 22, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Amen.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, what happened to you that you are happy about cops getting seriously injured or killed? That is some messed up stuff.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Yeah, you know those fuckin' cops, the ones that gave me speeding tickets for doing 85 in a 45. Fuck those guys, fuckin' pricks. And then when they tried to arrest me and I tried to scratch my nose (ie. resisted arrest), they punched me and and I told them I couldn't breath (nevermind I was talking). Those fuckers, how dare they? They can all die ... I'll be a cop killer. /rolling eyes

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

OUTING ALERT: sportswriter, not a junky is either Abner Louima or related to Amadou Diallo.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You sir are either incredibly dumb or incredibly ill informed. (I suppose, technically, you could be both). My father worked with cops all my life. I grew up around them. They weren't all great guys, like with any profession, but many were. He even burried a few. Some of them might have been in it for the power trip, a tiny percentage, but on the whole, that a myth you probably picked up by watching, well, cop shows. A lot of them were in it because they cared about communities, a lot did it because it paid the bills, and a lot did it because it was all the knew. They were second, third and fourth generation cops.

Cops are human beings, not some faceless bogey man. Some of them are corrupt, yes, and some of them are heroes. Most of them are just regular people, trying to pay their bills and matter in this world, and most do it by doing a shitty job that doesn't pay alot and very rarely gets properly appreciated.

Go watch The Wire on HBO if you don't like cops being portrayed as heroes. It portrays them as human beings, with shades of murkey gray.

But don't you dare take pleasure in their death.

6. ...or an everyday nice guy who has had more than his fair share of bad experiences with police that he had absolutely no fault in.

7. Double Down

Which, of course, is just as dumb as being mugged by one black person and deciding you hate all black people as a result.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Someone preserve this thread in the SportsJournalists.com Hall of Fame.

Instead of a regular thread being hijacked into Bush sucks, a Bush sucks thread was hijacked into a regular thread.

9. You're right. I can't take pleasure in their death. They're peacefully out of their misery that way. I rather them stay alive in face the consequences of their actions. Ideally, that means in jail and being bullied in the same way they do to the innocent people every day.

And DD, you're the dumb one if you translate "more than a fair share" to "being mugged by one"

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of my college dorm-mates was a state trooper. He wanted to be a cop because he felt he could make a positive impact on this world by being one. He was noble, honest, kind and warm-hearted. He was killed in the line of duty.

You can fuck off.

11. Double Down

Ok, being mugged by 40 black guys or 40 mexicans or 40 muslims, if that makes you feel better. My point still stands. That kind of attitude is one of the leading causes of stupidity in society. I understand cops sometimes harrass people and occasionally don't respect the power the weild. That doesn't mean, by any stretch, that all cops do. The storyline that all cops are racist, or all cops are power hungry losers looking to get back at people for being picked on in high school, is as dumb and as false as the one that goes all cops are heroes.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, when did this thread turn into a Lifetime movie about Hondo?

Draft saved Draft deleted