1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nostradamus: 2012 (or Running End-of-the-World Thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That scared the holy bejeezus out of me, too! If I'm not mistaken, not only was Haley's Comet supposed to do us in, don't forget about the man in the blue turban who was to start a nuclear war that would last for seven and 20 years! That was some freaky shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, my mother used to buy those Sun Magazines at the grocery store. Once, I saved about three months worth and on five separate occasions they said something about Nostradamus predicting something bad.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Bob Dole one of the alien senators?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's just exchanging protein strings!

5. If you happen to be one of the few alive on 12/22/12, who do want to be alive with you in the bunker?

Stuff Salma, Mariska and Angelina in there with me and I'm sayin' I'm making the most of my post-Apocolyptic hell.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

All hail, the emperor of the world, post 2012:

[​IMG]

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I wonder what people thought of the year 666?

8. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I remember how he predicted the rise of Hitler, but he called him Histler in his writings. Spooky stuff.

And here's my prediction for the future: There will be unrest in the Middle East and a natural disaster will claim many lives.

mwuhahahahha mwuahahhaha

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

For as many things as he got right he's got as many — or more — wrong.

Remember, the infinite monkey theorem?

If I'm not mistaken all Nostradamus did was bang out all this shit all day long.

Not to mention, everything he wrote is open to interpretation, which is why the History Channel can spin his drivel into a scare-athon.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I fell asleep watching this show last night, but where did they "find" these new quartains?

11. In the basement of a teacher busted for underage sex.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

They weren't quartrains. They were drawings. Not sure where they were, but like his writings, some people have interpreted them very liberally.

Draft saved Draft deleted