1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nostradamus: 2012 (or Running End-of-the-World Thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Anybody else watching this apocalyptic piece of crap on The History Channel right now?

Apparently, Nostradamus put together seven drawings that were recently uncovered (supposedly with a previously unreleased Tupac 2-disc set). The drawings indicate pretty much that we're royally eff'ed come 12-21-12. Or so, some may claim.

It also talks about how the Mayan calendar supposedly ends on the same date, which culminates with the sun being in the middle of the galaxy. It's apparently a once in a 26,000 year occurrence that means Earth is in for turbulent times.

The only thing is, this documentary is reaching, at best. I realize it's only speculation, but usually it's intriguing. This time, it just seems like they're going for shock value and not putting anything substantial together. It's like someone said, "Hey 2012 is coming up, let's get a show together. Who cares if it's coherent? We're running out of time!"

The sad thing is, I usually like these types of shows -- it's the start of Armageddon Week on The History Channel -- but right now if the end of the world were to occur and I never saw the end of this show, I'd be the happiest man on the face of the Earth.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Isn't it ironic they scheduled Armageddon Week to coincide with the BCS?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pumphrey Brothers are stomping on shit and breaking it somewhere else, so fuck Nostradamus.

Unless ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

There's about as much credibility in one of those History Channel scare-a-thons as an event movie about 2012, which fittingly enough is being made by the same people who bought us "The Day After Tomorrow."

5. markvid

markvid Guest

But it looks REALLY good in HD

:D

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Oooh, they're now talking about Yellowstone and supervolcanoes, and how Yellowstone's is in what they call "the red zone."

Hopefully, it manages the red zone as well as the Tampa Bay Bucs.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Some theorists believe the 2012 date marks the downfall of the Catholic church.

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Yeah. St. Malachy's 1139 prophecy about the 112th and final pope and all. Pope Benedict, No. 111, is getting up there. Oh my heavens ... ::)

9. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Hmm. I guess these theorists did not foresee sex abuse scandals.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

It came out pretty well from that. Still don't know how, but it did.

11. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Reminds me of those Weather Channel "What if" disaster shows that are also embellished.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Billy Bean wouldn't draft Nostradamus.

Draft saved Draft deleted