1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norwich (Conn.) Bulletin - Sports staffer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 25, 2007.

1. nbalum

nbalum Guest

Khary: I should have gone with my first instinct, which was to bite my tongue and stay out of this. That's what I'll do now.

P.S. No one cares about your awards, Hemingway. Plenty of people on the board have won them.

2. Khary McGhee

Khary McGhee New Member

You seemed care an awful bit about me. That's why I shared, chief. You made it personal. In my initial post, I was merely reinforcing a point that has been made about the two NEWSPAPERS — not any of the people at the Bulletin, many of whom I was cool with — on this board over and over and over again.

You're the one who got all assed up about and wanted to take a swipe.

I also shared giving full disclosure of who I was, which is more than I can say for you.

3. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

Word is Matt Stout of the Bow (NH) Times is filling this one. Good guy, he deserves it.

4. Well I guess the Bulletin doesn't have to worry about hiring minorities any more now that Gannett is out of the picture.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This thread has taken an unfortunate and offensive turn.

IF YOU'RE NOT FROM ENGLAND, YOU DON'T GET TO SAY ARSE.

Bloody poseurs ...

6. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

You can tell by a guy's name if he's a minority or not?

7. Like I've said before, I talk to people who work there and from what they know, this guy is not a minority. Apparently he knew the current sports editor in some form, so I guess that worked to his advantage. It's always good to know people in high places.

I'm surprised they moved so quickly on this. If this is a sign of things to come now that GateHouse is in charge, then good for the Bulletin and some of those people who work there.

8. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

Yeah's definitely a ... majority (?)

Draft saved Draft deleted