1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northwestern's fake blood-stained US flag uniforms are disgusting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, almost forgot ...

I'm outraged! Let's find out who approved this, find their home address, and send death threats! Internet outrage! </crossthread>

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Put me in the camp that says there are too many people involved in sports uniforms who have no fashion sense whatsoever, and the worst offenders seem to work at Nike.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A well-worn flag should be replaced. Displaying a tattered flag is actually unpatriotic.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-11-14/news/fl-tattered-us-flags-editorial-1114-20111114_1_flying-old-glory-american-flags-flag-code

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Save the homosexuals" still has me laughing out loud.

5. joe

joe Active Member

A grown man should not be wearing a uniform unless he's on the field.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nike was the pioneer in the field, but the really horrendous shit -- like this one -- has come from Under Armour.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Whoever makes Maryland's clown suits and eye-injuring helmets is the worst offender regardless of what else they or anyone else makes.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That would be Under Armour.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The greatest thing Pete Carroll ever did was tell Nike, and I'm paraphrasing, "no fucking way" when they tried to trick up USC's uniforms during his time there.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

they did tweak them slightly, but nothing compared to what they have done at other schools

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There were rumors floating around of Lane Kiffin giving the OK for a black -- yes, black -- USC uniform to debut this season.

Saw a mockup of it, and the helmet was the best thing of the bunch.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Very similar to Uncle Bill at Kansas State.

Draft saved Draft deleted