1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northwestern football parking

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Sep 10, 2010.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Heading up to Northwestern for the game vs. Illinois State, my alma mater.

I hear the parking situation is a joke. Anyone have any insight in how to best navigate my getting to the game with minimal frustration?

Thanks in advance.

-- CI
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last time I was there, we parked in a residential neighborhood and walked about a half mile to get there.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ditto for me. If the weather is OK it's a nice walk, but if not, well... ::) ::)
  4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You could do what a lot of Cubs fans do -- park far away elsewhere, then take the el to the stadium. I'm not sure what the yellow line schedule is on weekends, or the parking situation there (the CTA website should have info). For that matter, you can park downtown and take the purple line up. I mean downtown Chicago. Parking is cheaper on weekends, and you might get out of Evanston easier than if you drove into it.
  5. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

There's free parking on campus and then shuttle buses over to the stadium. Try to stay off Sheridan as long as possible. Lots of detours/construction/etc.

Shuttle info:

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted