1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northern MN is burning...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, May 10, 2007.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Rosie, our thoughts and prayers are with your homestaters. But I think the other fires are garnering more attention because they are in areas with actual people, instead of just moose. :)

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Damn, how would you like to be the people who set the campfire that turned into this?

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

If the fire was in a BWCA camp site, they may or may not be able to trace them. To travel into the Boundary Waters, you have to have a permit, but that's only for part of the year. Mr. Rosie would know when the permitting starts, but he's not here for me to ask. And I honestly don't remember if you just specify your entry point or if you have to list your campsite(s) as well.

J-K, if this fire keeps spreading, it will affect more people than the others. Believe it or not, we co-exist quite nicely with the moose. ;) (Except when you hit one with your vehicle. That's not so good.)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Has the fire spread across the border yet?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Yes, either yesterday or Tuesday. I don't remember which.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Better than being <a href="http://www.sbsun.com/ci_5859905">the guy who started</a> the Esperanza fire last summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted