1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northern Arizona University football beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by champ, Aug 31, 2007.

1. champ

champ New Member

Any update on this one?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

SE is down to about four or five people that he's seriously talking to.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've seen this paper a few times in the past year and I'm impressed to learn it's only a 12K. Solid for such a small circ.

4. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Saw this in the St. Louis P-D a couple days ago:

"St. Louisan Daniel Berk, who has been doing a reporting internship for MLB.com, has been hired by the Arizona Daily Sun to cover Northern Arizona U. football."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/F9F8984A57EFEA488625735E0012CA62?OpenDocument

Sounds like a nice gig for a young writer.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Thanks for checking in Daniel. I hope the beat treats you well. Just kidding. That's a tremendous job for a young writer.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Interesting that the P-D would mention someone not on its staff going to another paper -- wait, they're both owned by Pulitzer Lee. Hmm. Lee micromanaging at work?

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Bernie's done that a few times in the past with other writers going to other papers. Don't think it has anything to do with the papers.

8. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

That's a better job than I have, unfortunately.

Draft saved Draft deleted