1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northern Arizona University football beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by champ, Aug 31, 2007.

1. champ

champ New Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=822975

The Arizona Daily Sun, a 12,000-circulation daily in Flagstaff, has an immediate opening for a Northern Arizona University football beat writer. Reporting experience at a daily newspaper required.
    The reporter is mainly responsible for coverage of NAU football, but will focus on preps, community and outdoor sports the rest of the year. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of AP style, can write clear, concise stories on tight deadlines and manage a high-profile beat. Familiarity with InDesign is a plus.
    The reporter will also take his or her turn on the desk, generate story ideas and contribute to a sports blog. No phone calls please.
    Those interested should send cover letter, resume and clips in hard copy only to the address below. No phone calls please.
    Keith Jiron
    Sports Editor
    Arizona Daily Sun
    1751 S. Thompson St.
    Flagstaff, AZ 86001

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Wow.

Take about needing someone in a hurry.

If I were single, young and ...

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It says not to call twice. Is that like a double-negative, and it means I should call?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cough, cough, Cosmo.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'd call to ask.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Like he would know.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Who was here, and where did he/she go?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Chris Gabel was here. No idea where he went. I'll work the pipeline and see what happened.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm sure your pipeline is much more reliable than the vaunted boots pipeline.

10. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

you mean the boots poopline?

11. Gabel was there for a little more than a year. I believe he was the sports editor in Yuma before that. I'm curious to hear where he went.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Flagstaff is a decent place, expensive though. You'll have to get used to the 7000 feet elevation. Too bad NAU plays indoors since Flagstaff is surrounded by forest.

Draft saved Draft deleted