1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northeast Ohio SJ -- Valentine's Day Ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Feb 7, 2010.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, the girlfriend and I thought originally we were going to be spending our V-Day in Columbus, but, due to recent developments, we're going to be in the Cleveland area. As a result, I find myself scrambling for something to do on Valentine's day. Option A of a jazz concert fell through because they were sold out of tickets. Don't really have a fallback plan. Last year we did the botanical gardens and dinner in Little Italy and she loved it. Now I've got to live up to the standard I set. Any ideas?

I'm going back to school right now, so I'd rather not break the bank if I can avoid it, but all ideas are welcome (things to do and/or good places to eat that I may have a prayer of getting a reservation at on this late of date).

I'll be on here only sporadically throughout the day (going to the gym right after I post this; won't be around at all during the Super Bowl), so I apologize if I'm a little late in responding, but know that all suggestions will be greatly (greatly, greatly, greatly) appreciated.

Thanks!

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

Enjoy. ;)

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Candlelight dinner by the river -- wait, don't do that. :D

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Write out "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" on the river in flames.

5. amraeder

Well played, good sir.

6. amraeder

That seems more like a Christmas idea than Valentine's Day, if you ask me.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Stay home and cook her favorite meal.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Take her to see the Bruce exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He's always very romantic!

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Try Playhouse Square, but then again you're probably talking real money there plus anything that's going on is likely sold out. Try it anyway though, you never know what you might find. If you really like movies, Casablanca is playing at the Cinematheque at the Cleveland Institute of Art in the late afternoon on Sunday.

The Rock Hall is not romantic at all, but a walk around it or out on the East Ninth Street pier is pretty cool (bundle up though) when nobody is around. As far as eating, probably best off consulting Cleveland Scene or cleveland.com for suggestions.

10. amraeder

Thanks. I already looked at Playhouse, and like you said, it's a tough ticket to get at this late a date. Didn't think of CIoA, though. Great idea!

Draft saved Draft deleted