1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea tentatively agrees to disarm. Congrats Bush & Rice!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Feb 12, 2007.

?

How much credit do you give Bush Admin for this victory?

1. Most of the credit

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. A lot of the credit

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Some of the credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. No credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Or, more likely, both.

2. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

See this is I believe the danger of such a deal. I'm not saying we had much more of an option but it sends out the message to these "rogue nuclear" states for want of a better term that if they hold out long enough they will eventually be rewarded.

I would like to know just how punitive the negotiators were prepared to be. Would North Korea gotten such a good bargain had the US not been hampered by the fall out of a post war Iraq. Would the US have looked for more forceful intervention?

I expect in 60 days time that the requirement to shut down the reactor at Yongbyon will be contested and there are more breakdowns in the process ahead. It would be naive and foolish to think that KJI will be so compliant in the months ahead.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

We'll see:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_on_re_as/koreas_nuclear

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

5. Dude, I don't even want to know what the walls of your basement rec room look like.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

FB, we can only dream of a rec room - or basement, for that matter. Our urban disaster plan is one of us in the tub, and the other in the bottom drawer of the dresser.

7. ...and twice on the chandelier?

Draft saved Draft deleted