1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea tentatively agrees to disarm. Congrats Bush & Rice!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Feb 12, 2007.

?

How much credit do you give Bush Admin for this victory?

1. Most of the credit

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. A lot of the credit

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Some of the credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. No credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Boom & Cran good stuff as usual.

Some other comments and experience from the region/military has also been solid.

Comments and votes in the poll that Bush Admin gets no credit & this was same under Clinton are unpersuasive

(longer discussion I don't want to get bogged down in, but at a high level it is like saying we can't talk anymore in the Middle East or offer land for peace because we already tried that x #'s of years ago. Often times for negotiations to work the other side needs to see that certain options have failed and the costs of no deal have increased. Again as much as the peace movement does not like the Hawks like Bush or Reagan sometimes the best negotiations can only be produced from people the other sides knows will take hard punitive action.)

Here is some more info to ponder as to why this time may be different:

1.) We seized KJI's PERSONAL assets (based on his counterfieting American $) and it often hurts most when hit in the pocket book. The little guy likes his toys after all. Moreover, this is how he bribes and placates the elite in NK. He needs their support (think of it like Ceaser & the Senate in Rome. Yeah Ceaser was Emperor but the Senators had real power as well and needed to be assuaged from time to time)

2.) On site inspections are part of the package. This is the Libya model that has proved effective. If you can verify with your own inspectors that in is possible to move toward disarmament.

The other point that has been made & is correct is it may just end up being a waiting game for KJI, although if I remember right (need to check) isn't his son or someone in the wings? The thing is I think many countries are sort of tired with his act.

Yeah, China is our rival and still a Communist country but that is RAPIDLY changing. Many of my clients do business there (manufacturing, trade, or otherwise) and China does not want NK messing up their growth & markets either.

But yeah, it is early we will see what happens with the deal as KJI has made promises before. However, I think this time has some unique differences that may make a material difference.

John

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The differences will make a difference, eh?

Incisive analysis as per usual, JDV.

3. John D. Villarreal

The last sentence in my last post is a legal/logical term that is entirely applicable.

Thus I am not saying different = different

I am saying unique differences in terms & circumstances may make a material difference in result.

Those are two quite different statements & I believe that is clear for most to see.

Nice try at being snarky and equally vacuous.

Particularly when I started the thread and brought news and provably good analysis to the board.

Nice way to jump on the hot thread though with empty junk.

JDV

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clear as mud, pal.

That third "different" is what cleared it up.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SHHHHHH...

Let him keep explaining the "difference" between "difference" and "difference".

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the South Korean assets -- except that WE are included in any list of South Korean assets.

So, in that case, yeah. I guess it's MAD

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Andyouare? opts for the Mutually Assured Destruction of a nuclear pre-emptive strike.

[​IMG]

8. John D. Villarreal

Andyouare?

Wow, Zeke was bad enough not being able to understand precision logical terminology

You RE-posting that garbage (and thus tying yourself to it) all as a blatant attempt to smear me (and get off topic) just hammered your credibility tremendously.

How about this? Since you put that up there as a shot at me (and to pass yourself off as the author and thus smarter then simply searching the board or getting a nice little PM from fellow snarky haters)

Why don't you enlighten us as to your VAST knowledge of powerlifting?

Please do that. Tell us which feds are the top feds & why, what the differences between feds are, the history of the feds and powerlifting.

Please show us your great knowledge.

ANYONE who knows ANYTHING knows that that cra@ post made by a guy with zero credibility that was designed SOLEY to muddy the waters, confuse, and OBSCURE the real facts. Moreover, again anyone with basic logic skills can see where there are many glaring internal inconsistencies, holes, bias, omission of critical facts, and frankly begrudging admission of my greatness in lifting. It is too funny.

Yet, you throw it up there as your treatise on PL - your brilliant expose'

Please enlighten us on powerlifting.

John

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Or just go look it up on wikopedia.

10. John D. Villarreal

Here is some help for Andyouare and the rest of the hater/wannabe crew so that we can return to our regulary scheduled programming of talking about NK and global politics on this thread (please note that there will be a special report released by JDV soon so watch for that)

John D. Villarreal Athletic Biography

Weight: 205-220lbs (in-season), Bodyfat 6-8% (in-season)

Best Lifts:
    Squat – 863 lbs
    Bench – 525 lbs x2
    Deadlift – 670 lbs
    Clean and Jerk – 330 lbs

Major Titles Won

2006 APC National Powerlifting Champion (Submaster 220lb) - Best Lifter (Broke National Submaster Deadlift Record)
    2006 APC National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medalist (open – 220lb)
    2006 APC CA State Powerlifting Champion (open & submaster – 220lb)
    (Broke all APC national and state submaster records & many open state records)
    2004 Bronze Medallist WPC World Powerlifting Championships (open – 198 lb)
    (Broke APF California State Bench Press Record (462.5 lbs – submaster 198lb))
    2004 WPC World Powerlifting Championship team member (open - 198 lbs)
    2004 WPC World Bench Press Championship team member (open - 198 lbs)

2004 APF National Powerlifting Champion (Bench Press - submaster 198 lbs)
    2004 APF National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medallist (submaster 198lbs)
    2003 APF California State Powerlifting Champion (open division 198 lbs)
    1992 USPF Junior (20-23yrs old) National competitor (220 lbs) (only bombout ever)
    1990 USPF Teenage National Powerlifting Champion (220 lbs)
    1988 USPF Teenage Western Regional (8 states) Champion (220 lbs)

Additional Personal Sporting Achievements

Participated in numerous sports and lettered in track and wrestling in high school
    Participated in Judo and Rugby at U.C. Berkeley
    Wrestled for USA Wrestling
    Recruited for US Olympic Weightlifting team (by Jim Schmitz US Coach)
    Also studied various martial arts for years (Ninjitsu, Judo, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do)
    National-to-world class in three sports:
    - Powerlifting
    - Wrestling (undefeated last year) - 9 years of wrestling
    - Judo (UC Berkeley Heavyweight champion, multi-tournament winner – qualified for and invited to Collegiate Nationals)

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't see any material difference, but I do see a difference in material.

You're dumb as a post, JDV.

12. John D. Villarreal

Exactly!

That lame "response" by AYA says it all as to his "knowledge" of the sport, as does his reliance on "reallybadsourcenotsosupersecretnodoby" as his "authority."

Another keyboard jockey who thinks the world revolves around Google & Wikipedia (yeah that is REAL reliable).

Forget about lifting weights - can you even do a push-up AYA - don't even answer bc I don't care. You can't carry my jock in the gym - period.

Look, facts are fact and the above cannot be disputed & that is just MAJOR sports achievements. There are many more not even listed there. Why do you think reallybadsource never wanted to say who he was (even though he knows I know, actually most know now) and trade resumes?

Answer - he doesn't have one & I blow him away.

The unfortunate and sad truth about powerlifting sometimes is that, like bodybuilding, it can be a very negative and egotistical sport.

Thus, it is quite normal to find that the better you are the more haters you get, especially on the Internet. It is quite common to see world champs slammed for various things by nobody lifters.

There is also a MAJOR feud between the drug-free guys & the drug using guys (as to be expected) and the no gear to light gear guys vs. the heavy gear to anything goes guys (as to be expected). Which camps do you think reallybadsource falls into? Do you even need a hint???

This was not always the case and powerlifting used to be typified by respect, class, sportsmanship, and camaraderie with 2-3 feds when I started.

Now, there seems to be this "new wave" of "do-or-die", death metal, eat anything, use anything, and take anything powerlifters - some of whom have no respect for anyone (and are one step removed from prison and call each other (and others) all kinds of bigotted slurs rountinely) and are in my opinion hurting the sport.

Most of these are fly-by-night guys. Now I am still young but I have been in this sport a long time.

As I have said before gear has become such a major factor (new stuff can add 100% to some people's lifts!!! & the tech is evolving like every few months!!) that it has caused many to sour on the sport as often the strongest person does not win now and people are getting really hurt from lifting what they cant handle for real. Not to mention drug use continues to spiral out of control, etc.. Yeah, things need to be done to improve the sport. That being said there are great lifters in most every fed and many cross compete.

If you know the sport you know which feds are the top (sort of like knowing dif between NCAA & NIT tourneys) and there are more and more lifters all the time (which is good).

At its essence it is a great sport - we just need to get back to basics & reality. There is going to be some difficulty doing this due to entrenched interests in promoters (not that big a problem) and mostly due to powerlifitng equipment manufactures who make a lot of money off of selling gear and are major sponsors of the sport (HUGE problem).

If we can swap those guys with say supplement sponsors (ala world's strongest man & MetrX) or TV (ESPN 2) then I think we have that chance to get it back to where it should be.

The best thing SportsChick has said recently related to me has been JDV=Powerlifting. That is about right.

The bottom line truth is that I am a great champion & exactly what I say I am. I have always been elite but never one of the very very best (the super elite).

Why?

1.) I got hurt when I was at my best (23)
    2.) I don't use drugs (HUGE IMPACT)
    3.) Lifting gear doesn't really work for me (HUGE IMPACT)
    4.) Genetics (mine are good but not really great for the level I compete at + I am really tall for my weight class - I just train really smart)

But I am super strong for real and have been consistently so winning major titles over twenty years and have had great success in other sports as well.

This super strength was proven by my You Tube video of squatting 530x7 raw (knee wraps only) on an off day weighing around 200 now older and hurt & just off the plane from Miami.

There is no way to fake that - it is serious strength! Why do you think I put that up - duh?

I also look good and am in excellent shape and health, especially for my age (living a clean life helps a lot).

Again, I will explain more soon in a special presentation.

Haters, there is nowhere to go with this and you are wasting all of our time. So, let's move on.

JDV

Draft saved Draft deleted