1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea tentatively agrees to disarm. Congrats Bush & Rice!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Feb 12, 2007.

?

How much credit do you give Bush Admin for this victory?

1. Most of the credit

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. A lot of the credit

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Some of the credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. No credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I once spoke to a retired general, a former commander of the 2nd Infantry Division in Korea, who informed me of a startling statistic.

Intelligence estimates that North Korea could shower Seoul with about 600,000 artillery rounds in about six hours. If my calculations are right, that's about 27 per second for six hours.

Pretty steep, if you ask me.

KJI? Well, he's fucking crazy. Don't believe a word he says.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

JDV, scary picture there.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bush is forestalling nuking North Korea. He'll let Obama handle the fallout from that.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hehehe. He said fallout.

5. tbf, you'd likely know this better than I -- in the case of the two Koreas, isn't it mutually assured destruction? Don't they both have the firepower to take out each other? Plus, aren't there several hundred thousands landmines to prevent invasion?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If North Korea even lifts a finger to hit the South, we'd turn Pyongyang into glass. They know that.

Don't know about the land mines, but there are hella troops along the DMZ.

7. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Well across the Dematerialized Zone there is meant to be land mines. \

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Demilitarized_Zone

I wish I had chance to go and see that area in my short time here but South Korea is definitely somewhere I will visit again with no business side tracks.

8. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this essentially the same deal that the Clinton folks were trying to cut -- oil for no nukes -- and that was decried roundly from the right as being appeasement, selling out, blah, blah.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, John Bolton is on the record as saying the deal is bad. I'm guessing the real right still views it as appeasement.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Fast-forward to whenever the hell KJI feels like it:

"I changed my mind."

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Having reconsidered, the Illuminated Genius Leader of the Democratic Peoples' Republic strikes a hard new bargain with the morally bankrupt Western Hegemon.

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Great. Extortion works!

Draft saved Draft deleted