1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea tentatively agrees to disarm. Congrats Bush & Rice!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Feb 12, 2007.

?

How much credit do you give Bush Admin for this victory?

1. Most of the credit

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. A lot of the credit

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Some of the credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. No credit

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Just saw this & wanted to alert the board.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/12/D8N8BU600.html

You have to give the Bush Admin major props on this one if they can see it through.

Politics aside this is great news.

Let's hope we can get some similar real progress with Iran.

JDV

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Liberals giving credit to Bush?

My ass. They'll say it's a ploy to be ignored while the U.S. takes aim at Iran, that Bush had nothing to do with it.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Both of you try this: Google the timeline of the US's problems with N. Korea regarding nukes.

I think you will find that every president in the last 25 years has reached a similar agreement with the nutcase running that country. That is no knock on Bush. He did the same thing the presidents before him have done.

But five years or so from now, Little Kimmie will be threatening again. It's the only bargaining chip he's got. You really think he's gonna stop using it?

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's tentative, which means little right now. Kim Jong-Ill could wake up tomorrow and say, "Fuck it."

But it's progress, and that counts for something.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

"... reached a tentative agreement on initial steps.." Not quite "Mission Accomplished!"

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck that shit. Hang the banner and ready the little King's codpiece!

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Dirka Dirka Mohammad Jihad.

9. Maybe.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/12/world/asia/12korea.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It appears better than a maybe now. Here is what is posted on NYT site now by same writer :

Tentative Deal Reached With North Korea, Envoy Says
    By JIM YARDLEY 25 minutes ago
    Negotiators reached a draft agreement today on a deal to begin disarming North Korea’s nuclear weapons program, the chief American negotiator said. The deal is now being reviewed by the governments of the six nations in the talks

11. That is better than a maybe, Boom.

12. tommyp

tommyp Member

Kim Jong Il: Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!
    Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace today, but your guards won't let me enter certain areas.
    Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?
    Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
    Kim Jong Il: Or else what?
    Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
    Kim Jong Il: OK, Hans. I'll show you. Stand to your reft.
    Hans Blix: [Moves to the left]
    Kim Jong Il: A rittle more.
    Hans Blix: [Moves to the left again]
    Kim Jong Il: Good.
    [Opens up trap, Hans falls in]

Draft saved Draft deleted