1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea shells South Korea, soldiers injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Nov 23, 2010.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Things of this nature have happened before, but dare I say "On like Donkey Kong?"

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Edged me at the wire, NOLU. Yeah, seems the North just ain't gonna be happy until someone shows them their pimp hand.

3. NoOneLikesUs

Of course, I flipped on the TV just now and NONE OF THE NEWS NETWORKS have broken in with live coverage.

4. NoOneLikesUs

http://www.livestation.com/channels/3-al_jazeera_english

Live coverage...

South Korean solider killed according to Al Jazeera.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does North Korea really have that many friends to watch its back? It's not like the Middle East where every move has 100 ways for it to go really badly.
    I'm thinking the latest moves indicate that NoKor has a new defacto leader and KimIlJung might not be calling the shots anymore and the new guy is trying to show what a badass he is.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's nice to know the 24/7 news cycle takes a break now and then on the cable nets when - you know - some real news happens.

7. NoOneLikesUs

More than likely it's the North just using nearby South Korean drills as an excuse to chuck a few rounds at villagers. Two hundred shells does seem excessive though.

Would hate to be working the DMZ on either side about now.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It has China in its corner, apparently come hell or high water, and it feels that's enough these days.

There might be some rogue general starting a push for power. More likely, though, is the Appointed Son and his advisers feel the need to show his credentials on the South issue. From what I've read, there are factions in the North's leadership that are not convinced of the leader-in-waiting's leadership ability and may feel compelled to make their move. If memory serves, Kim Jong-il had three or four years during which to consolidate his power, but Kim Jong-un may not have that long.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

They want to be invaded?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully Obama is on line one with China trying to figure out if they are cool with this.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Remember, MSNBC and Fox were showing repeats when the levees broke in New Orleans. All you need to know about their priorities.

Draft saved Draft deleted