1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea launches rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mb

mb Active Member

Will Skype for food.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Jon Gruden has volunteered to sit down with North Korea and review their mechanics with them.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Saw NBC (?) say there was only a handful of engineers and six telephones in the launch command center.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Seriously, how many North Koreans have even escaped to the U.S.? Or South Korea?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This launch has been in the works for a while, hasn't it? North Korea was supposedly launching a satellite of some sort, which of course most of the western nations weren't buying. They all figured it was a long-range missile test. Either way, it's been known about for some time. I think last week Japan even deployed some Patriot batteries along its coast and had ships ready to knock down the missile if it got too close.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think North Koreans use Google+.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The GLG20s must've gotten involved.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

According to AP, North Korea state media says the rocktet "fails to enter its orbit."
    That's a shocking admission for them. If you think of how Dear Leader's golf game was reported. you'd think they'd claim the rocket is on the surface of Mars already.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Think of the scholarships that the scientists are losing because of the state media's coverage.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If I'm the Secretary of State, I'm calling the North Koreans and saying, "Wow, we sure did blow your rocket up real good. Do you have any more?" How would they know for sure?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

If at first you don't succeed....

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2 things.....

1. I am mildly disappointed that milehigh did not use the thread title "North Korea Raunches Rocket"

2. I heard someone call the new leader "Lil Kim" the other night, and about wet myself.

That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted