1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea declares war?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 29, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I blame Dennis Rodman.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We could have settled this after the last World Cup. A loser-leave-Pusan Perimeter game?

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

14 posts in and still no Team America references?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Mexico would never call out its second-biggest arms dealer after the U.S.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whatever, the point is the big dogs don't want the little piss-ants stirring up serious shit which may affect them across the border.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I normally stay out of political discussions due to my day job (if you don't know and are curious, PM me), but I'll co-sign on this. I doubt there'd be anybody gettting mad at the U.S. if North Korea tried to shoot something at us and we shot back.

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

We should just send John Rocker there to smooth things over.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of a quote from a baseball official when Richie Phillips came up with his brilliant idea to have all the MLB umpires resign during their labor negations with the league years ago.

"This is either an offer to be accepted or a threat to be ignored."

10. Football_Bat

Might be a tad wary of the Chinese. The one time we got into a confrontation with them was after MacArthur got a little horny for the Yalu River.

11. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

True. I already know that at some point I'm going to have to be in harm's way downrange. However, that doesn't mean I'm overly eager to have that point in time come any sooner than it has to.

12. Football_Bat

I'm less worried about war with North Korea than with Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

It'll be a straight war — bomb their tanks and artillery into smithereens — without worrying about a radicialized populace. This time, just make sure China is cool with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted