1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea declares war?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I honestly can't tell based on that translation.

http://live.reuters.com/Event/North_Korea/70001409

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/29/world/asia/north-korea-us-threats/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The propaganda blitz has certainly been intense.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Personal favorite recently was: "break the waists of the crazy enemies, totally cut their windpipes and thus clearly show them what a real war is like"

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

North Korea is so fucking insane. It sends a nuke, it gets potentially dozens back at it in response.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Please, please step up. I'd love for us to mop the floor with these motherfuckers once and for all

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Whenever I walk my dog we'll invariably come across one or two teeny little chihuahuas or toy poodles behind fences, going batshit crazy like they want a piece of my Border Collie.

That's North Korea. It's cute. They make a lot of noise, make awesome propaganda clips, and want us to believe they'll drop the bomb us, despite the fact that they don't actually have (a) the bomb, or (b) a way to get it here.

Knock yourself out, Kim Jong Un. Keep releasing those photos of yourself pointing at things, or sitting at what appears to be some sort of antique Tandy computer. I find it entertaining as hell.

8. A fine Christian patriot would say that, never minding the innocent people in North Korea who would die.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not to mention, the devastation it would cause South Korea.

http://www.iiss.org/publications/strategic-dossiers/north-korean-dossier/north-koreas-weapons-programmes-a-net-asses/the-conventional-military-balance-on-the-kore/

In effect, Pyongyang has more of a threat to devastate Seoul than to seize and hold it.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i moved into the city from the country a while back. the first week i did, i took my half pit, half dane for a walk to the store. on the way, one of those little fucking dogs walked up to him and started one of those ferocious barking tirades. my dog took a step back, turned his head sideways, stared, took two steps forward, stepped on it (squishing it into the pavement in the process) and he just stared at it, wondering what the fuck it was as it squealed like a cut pig.

the dog's owner came running up almost crying, asking why i let my dog hurt his. i pointed to my leash and said: "maybe you should try one of these."

maybe it is time to put those rat bastards on a leash.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dozens? Try hundreds.

Within five minutes of NK launching a missile on a plausible trajectory toward the US mainland, there wouldn't be anything left of the country except molten glass from sea to steaming sea. Kill rate 100.0000000 percent.

And no, Russia and China wouldn't do anything about it -- in fact, they might help.

The megapowers don't want screw-loose rogue states in their own neighborhood stirring shit like this up. The US wouldn't be pleased one little bit if Mexico started threatening to nuke out Russia.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've never really thought about North Korea seriously until I read World War Z. There's a chapter where they discuss what's going on in other countries, and they mention that the entire population of NK has just disappeared. They can't find a single sign of human (or zombie) life.

I know how stupid that sounds, but I'm really interested to know how insane it really is over there. Eventually, this will come to a head and NK will get squashed. We're going to find an entire nation of what amounts to a cult. How do you fix that? It's going to be like trying to teach people that the world isn't flat back in the day. It's going to be a mess.

Draft saved Draft deleted