1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North County Times lays off 10

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One in the newsroom

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/09/17/business/zc7bcaf1ae7f267f4882574c80002c168.txt

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

This paper has managed to hang in there despite a tough economy and a less-than-NYT level of execution. It's most known for its flaming (and seemingly unmonitored) comments on the bottom of its stories. And they all seem to turn into immigration rants.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The NC Times' user comments are on par with many other newspaper websites I've seen. That is, full of mean-spirited brave-while-anonymous assholes who say the worst shit their doomed soul can drum up because they know there's no consequences.

The NC Times is surrounded by major metros, with the LA Times, OC Register and SD Tribune. I think it does a decent job of holding its own mainly through hyperlocal coverage, but this won't help.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Fuck. Lee.

5. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

These days I think a layoff round involving one newsroom staffer probably passes for good news. Sign of the times I guess, and small comfort to the person that got whacked...

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't imagine such a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted