1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Colorado: 51st state

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 7, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't think there's enough land there for all the sensible Americans who would move there.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why don't you go fetch us a few Coors, newb?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who says the good people of Northern Colorado would allow them into their new nation?

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

You could always secede and form your own site.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We're going to need to buy a few more chairs.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone who hasn't spent much time in Northern Colorado. I think they may be able to squeeze a few homesteaders in.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I read an interesting debate once that reverting to that -- or at least to a smaller number of people per Rep than 700,000 -- would solve a lot of the problems with politics. Can't remember all the points, but I know they included the fact that there'd be so many people running the impact of big money would be greatly diluted. Obviously individual communities would receive a larger voice as they'd actually get the chance to elect one of their own.

Another plus would be seeing the most hilariously shaped districts when the gerrymanderers went to work.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It would be about like sending all our state legislators to Washington instead of Tallahassee or Austin. The districts would be similar in size, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted