1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norman Chad: Pay The Man, Shirley

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sixthstjoe, Oct 6, 2008.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Personally, I loved No. 10 (The Chris Russo one)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Chad is fantastic.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

He wasn't joking, either. I was at a place that was considering dropping him because of the expense. He basically told the paper to pay him whatever it thought he was worth and keep running it.

4. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Simmons' constant breakdown of Boston sports can be sickening for anyone who doesn't, you know, believe that the world revolves around Boston. I know that's where he's from and what he knows most about, but he always makes me feel like if it didn't happen in Boston, it didn't matter. And he complains a lot about Boston sports and bad luck, which is just ridiculous these days.

But, yeah, he's funny.

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I run him and was afraid I would insult him when I told him our budget didn't allow us to continue our association. He told me not to sweat it and pay him whatever I could. Class act all the way around.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Totally agree with his thoughts on Election pundits. They spend weeks talking up the debates as "game-changers" and then when nothing happens they say, "debates don't mean a whole lot." It's a good thing people have four years to forget how wrong these people are, instead of the week to week of sports analysts.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

19. IHOP and Applebee's are now under the same corporate umbrella. This would be like "The Boomer Esiason Show" and "The Tim McCarver Show" being televised in the same cable hour.

Awe. some.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Simmons should never be mentioned in the same breath as Norman Chad.

Draft saved Draft deleted