1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norm MacDonald live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One other thing about Norm: He might be the worst Twitter follow of any comedian on Earth.

He live-tweets golf, unironically, like he's Dan Jenkins or Doug Ferguson. It's really weird.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I just started listening to this show in podcast form. I started with the Russell Brand and Bill Hader episodes and both were very good. Saving the Letterman one for a day where I seriously need a pick me up.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out Adam Eget. He adds a nice touch as the sidekick but who is he?

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They mention every so often that he's the manager of a comedy club. When he's not jerking guys off under a bridge, $5 a man.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

A slightly larger turnip.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He likes to lick Nazi buttholes.

In the Dana Carvery episode, Dana asked whether it was true Eget was in a cult growing up. He said he was. It wasn't religious, but a boarding school with weird shit going on. Anybody catch the whole story?

Also, is the Mike Tyson one any good? I have heard on other podcasts and he is a snooze, really slow when put next to a comedian.

7. Songbird

Haven't seen the whole Tyson episode but the part I saw was lively.

8. sgreenwell

The Tyson show was the only one I tuned out after five minutes. Just something about him in that format, I couldn't hang. I do love Mike Tyson Mysteries on Adult Swim, though.

9. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Miss the NormCast he used to do during the Majors. Super Dave was hilarious.

10. Songbird

Interesting. Norm is beautifully fucked up.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

He gets so uncomfortable when Seinfeld compliments him, and immediately deflects.

12. Songbird

Draft saved Draft deleted