1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norm MacDonald. Courtney Thorne-Smith. Ten years later, finally on YouTube.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dedo, Oct 26, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Classic.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but after reading some of the comments on this thread I expected to see complete and utter hillarity from the clip and just didn't see it. I really like Norm McDonald's comedy, but all I saw were a couple fairly obvious jokes.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She wears those jeans really well.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's more having the stones to trash someone like that when everyone is supposed to be shilling.

I laughed my ass off all over again.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Thorne-Smith was such a good sport about it, clearly knowing she had etched her name in bad movie lore but OK with it. Props to her. Watching that I thought of Letterman and Paris Hilton, with Hilton getting all pissy at jokes about her jail time.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Except they weren't trashing Courtney, they were trashing Carrot Top in absentia. Not exactly bold if you ask me, even if Carrot Top deserves it.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I also enjoy Andy Richter during the entire thing, sitting back, not saying a word, clearly trying not to get involved.

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

For a while I thought Norm was stoned, but I guess he was just playing the goof.

I liked Richter, too -- looking for a foxhole to dive into.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Big ups to Courtney Thorne-Smith. Great stuff.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Now Norm is reduced to providing the voice of one of the beavers in those annoying Bell Sympatico ads we see endlessly up here.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

edited for truth

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watched it 2 or 3 times. Eh.

Draft saved Draft deleted