1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nooooooooo! (Weekly World News to cease publication)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Ed Anger is out of my life?
    Now I have only genuine wingnuts to laugh at.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have a friend who used to write stuff for them on a regular basis.

He and his wife would have a few glasses of wine over dinner and come up with story ideas.

I remember one was about leprechauns from outer space or something.

I think they paid him about $250.00 for essentially 20 minutes worth of work.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I had not seen them on the newsracks in a while and subsequently lost my connection with that fine journalistic enterprise. Found out this story yesterday, went to their website and found that they have both a horse and a monkey on staff as advice columnists.

How can we let this happen?

A HORSE AND A MONKEY!!

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Best publication ever (OK, maybe not, but close). RIP. I have been an irregular--but consistently come back to it--reader since about 1984. My friends and I used to pour over it in H.S. and laugh like crazy, like the immature little shits we were. I always pick up a copy in a store line if I see it. The thing has been ridiculously creative and funny at times. I am more saddened by this news than I should be.

Draft saved Draft deleted