1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-offensive Junior Seau headline here

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Oct 18, 2010.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Re: Say "Owwwwwwwww"

Well, a Thelma and Louise reference would've been pushing it.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Former Charger Hurt in Attempted Seauicide

3. novelist_wannabe

Heard playing on the car stereo: "I'm seauling away ..."

4. novelist_wannabe

Or "Time for me to fly." Take your pick ...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The U-T is reporting that investigators don't think he was suicidal. He told officials he fell asleep at the wheel.

That's plausible. This cliff is at the end of a stretch of road that's pretty straight and doesn't have any stoplights for about a mile in each direction. He also didn't get a ton of sleep the night before, as we all know.

I hope that's true.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It did get me to think about Axel Foley when he was representing the Rap Coalition of America.

7. Love a guy who excelled because he cheated (steroids) and loved to rub his success in the the faces of others (stupid little dance he liked to do) yet can't take it when things don't go his way. A lesson my dad taught me which is, sadly, not taught anymore in the "everyone gets a trophy" world of youth sports . . . you have to learn how to lose before you learn how to win.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not even in the top 1,000.

9. Mizzougrad96

Back up your steroid claim. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test.

10. Actually strike everything . . . had Shawn Merriman stuck in my head. Doh! (hanging head in shame)

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mizzou, well over half are on something.

A few NFL players did a high school camp in my area and they were going back and forth with the NFL with "can I take this" conversations all through the camp. I'm sure there is something allowed by the league (that they have not caught up to yet) that gives just as good of an effect has old timy steroids.

If you hate Seau because of this, you might as well hate Harrison, Owens, Porter, Boldin and all the other muscle freaks out there. I don't. It's part of the game now. The dumb ones are the ones that get caught.

12. Mizzougrad96

Oh, I agree and having seen Seau in person a time or 10, if there was anyone in the league who looked like he was using, it was him.

I think watching his former team play the last six weeks was what pushed him over. It's those bastards that got me eliminated in my suicide pool.

Draft saved Draft deleted