1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noise-cancelling headphones? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spaceman, Aug 3, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6655728&st=bose+earphones&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1082742915065

My old roommate was working as a regional manager for HHGregg a few years ago and gave me a set of these that he got for going to a Bose demonstration.

They look kinda dorky, but the sound quality was incredible. I don't have $125 laying around to drop on headphones, so had I not gotten them for free I probably would've never had them, but I can that if you ARE willing to spend that kind of money, you won't be disappointed with the quality.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I like my Sonys, especially for airplanes. They work well and they're a bit less expensive than the Bose but I'm not terribly picky about such things.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

$12.99 plus $5 shipping. But I generally pay $30-40 a pop when I buy earphones at Target.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. maberger

maberger Member

OP says he's got all the info he needs, but here's a pop for the BOSE 3 noise-cancelling phones. They rest on the ear instead of over it (potential minus, but i never noticed the difference), but they also have all the 'machinery' inside the phone itself, so no cord necessary. Also, it has its own rechargeable battery, so no need to buy batteries. They do cost more than the 2s, but BOSE's customer service is amazing.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If anyone knows where I could get mother-in-law-yapping-cancelling headphones, please let me know.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Space

Found a link to Bose Headphone site that I thought might be helpful to ya:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/index.jsp

Wait till you hear The Kinks on the Bose.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've got Sony noise canceling headphones, and that's one of the best features by far.

8. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

The Shure earbuds that Moddy mentioned are awesome. I never tried any Bose 'phones, so i can't compare, but I love my Shure e2s -- works great on a plane so you don't have to crank your music up to hear it over the engines.

9. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Member

Not sure how much you would want to spend, but I can definitely vouch for Sennheisers. They are a tremendous pair of headphones. I would recommend the HD555 or the HD595. But either way you go, you're going to get a great set of headphones. The HD555 will have a smaller headphone that goes around your ear and will not have as good of sound quality as the HD595 either. The HD595 will feature a roomier, bigger headphone that's more comfortable and superior sound quality, but they are about $50 more. But either set you cannot really go wrong.

10. Wasn't there a redneck here once who always talked about Pantera? What was that guy's name? Was it Pallister or am I thinking of someone else?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This might help:

http://www.esquire.com/features/man-at-his-best/ESQ0805MAHBDIGITAL_48?click=main_sr

12. you are so cute, but so off the mark. and oh yes, you should be suspended now for stalking: Also, there seems to be a pack of users who follow newbies around baiting/harassing them at every turn. This is going to stop effective immediately. If you do not have something productive to add to a thread, do not post on it. It is that simple. I will not hold back when it comes to offering up suspensions and even permanent banning. If you act like adults, we won't have a problem. If you are unable to do this, it is likely you will no longer be welcome here.

Draft saved Draft deleted