1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noel Gallagher: I'm leaving Oasis because Liam's an arse

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed. I thought Oasis would live forever. But I guess he's making the turning.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As I type this, it's 109 degrees outside in August. If I go out and start my wife's car there's a 50% chance the Charlie Brown Christmas CD will start playing.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Shit, first the Fat Boys break up, and now this?

Next thing you're going to tell me the Proclaimers have retired.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yo, dude, yo gots to chill.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm probably the whitest guy in the world when it comes to rap knowledge, but I've always loved the video of Jay-Z doing an Oasis song at Glastonbury after one of them ripped him.

(And I hope it was Jay-Z and not someone else, for my sake. And Glastonbury as opposed to some other festival, for that matter.)

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It was Jay-Z and it was Glastonbury. He opened his set with an, um, unique rendition of Wonderwall, then dropped it after the first chorus and transitioned into 99 Problems.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

DON'T MESS WITH ME ON RAP KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!

Can't believe I got it right.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Radiohead also had fun with "Wonderwall" a few years ago.

(Note: This clip only has about a minute of the song)

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Ryan Adams did a cool version of Wonder Wall on his Little Monsters EP. I also heard Evan Dando do a cover live in concert.

Just proof of what a great song it is.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lemonheads did some great covers --- "Mrs. Robinson" ... "Plaster Caster" (KISS)

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

HATE Ryan Adams' Wonderwall cover, and I'm not a guy who doesn't bust on Adams indiscriminately (I like his stuff with the Cardinals and -- close your ears, FT -- I like Whiskytown's version of Dreams more than the original). But I can't stand his Wonderwall. Sounds like he's going to great legnths to tell us he's putting detached, almost ironic emotion into it, like he's too ... something ... to do the song straight-on. Not impressed at all.

I did a respectable Wonderwall at a karaoke bar once. It's the only time I've ever karaoked sober.

Draft saved Draft deleted