1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noel Devine wears a rattlesnake as a condom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by djc3317, Jul 13, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your alma mater could use him. Would be an award-winning story.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

To inside jokes!!! :D

Fuck, I'm gonna miss this weekend.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that bird will soon be multinationally hungry.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A Texas two-step for Noel Devine in 2005:

Aug. 3:
    Prosper gains Fla. star
    The football race to catch Celina in District 13-2A may become a lot more competitive this fall.
    Junior running back Noel Devine, a highly-regarded prospect from Fort Myers, Fla., has enrolled at Prosper High School. Devine will be under the legal guardianship of former Dallas Cowboys and current Baltimore Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders, a Prosper resident.
    The only two hurdles that remain for Devine to become eligible to play varsity football are for Sanders to be awarded legal guardianship, and for the University Interscholastic League to grant a hardship waiver of its one-year residency requirement.
    Both of Devine's parents are deceased. He has lived with his grandmother, Lee Bertha Thomas, since he was three years old. The UIL is expected to make a ruling next week.
    "It's just a matter of getting the paperwork done," Prosper head coach John Pease told the Fort Myers News-Press. "When he was here, he seemed excited to be here. He was laughing and joking with everyone. He was all smiles."
    Pease said Devine will miss the first week of Prosper's practice in order to spend time with Sanders at the Ravens' training camp in Maryland.
    Devine rushed for more than 2,700 yards in his first two seasons at North Fort Myers High School, which is also Sanders' alma mater.

Aug. 17:
    Devine departure
    Highly-touted junior running back Noel Devine won't be playing for Prosper after all.
    Devine, who was expected to be a ward of Prosper resident and Baltimore Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders, has instead returned to his hometown of North Fort Myers, Fla. and is practicing with the team after re-enrolling there.
    Devine drove one of Sanders' vehicles to DFW Airport and flew back to Florida last Monday, the same day Devine was to practice with his new teammates for the first time.
    While Devine's unannounced departure was a surprise, all is not lost for the Eagles, who are expected to return to the playoffs out of District 13-2A after upsetting Italy, 24-14, last year.
    "Prosper's going to have a real good football team, with or without him," said head coach Butch Ford of rival Celina. "Their kids proved themselves last year. They have an excellent senior class that's done well throughout their years."

5. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

On the surface, the kid looks like a terrible kid and a risk to any program.

But people who know him really like him and believe in him.

The deal with Deion is sketchy. From what I've heard, Deion had the best of intentions, wanting to help a kid from his hometown. And the kid thought it was great that Deion wanted to take him in. He basically thought Deion would be like a father or big brother ... since he doesn't have any family to speak of.

Then Deion signs with the Ravens and basically says, "See ya when I get back, kid."

Now all of the sudden, the kid's stuck in Texas w/no friends ... and he's never had a family. So he took the car and bailed. Deion later had some unkind things to say, I believe. But most people I know who've dealt with the kid come away pulling for him ... not just because he's a freak on the field.

The real problem for the kid won't be any of this, though. It's going to be finding his way into college academically ... it's a long shot from what I can gather. And if he couldn't tolerate being alone in Deion's crib in Texas, I don't know how much he's gonna like playing at SE/NW/BFE Mississippi junior college.

6. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The chief export of Noel Devine is Pain.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

he also plays in a small classification in florida, which doesn't mean he is not as good as advertised, but worth mentioning.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Whatever happened to Cole Hamels?

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anyone else think his "family" will mysteriously reappear if and when he ever becomes rich and famous?

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

We all know that high school game film is the best way to assess talent.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Francisco Liriano roundhouse kicked him back in time 6oo years or so, when someone else might have been named Cole.

Draft saved Draft deleted