1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

noah in the nba

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I think if Noah gets into a good sutuation where a team doesn't have to depend on him to be The Man--and he understands that he isn't going to be a 20-10 guy in the NBA--I believe he'll be a very good complementary player. I'm curious--for people that have always covered him, when did he get this rep as such an unlikeable guy? Is it the yelling? The hair? The look? I'm not a big fan, but I'm not sure I get all the dislike of the guy.

2. boots

boots New Member

Noah isn't a pussy. His daddy wasn't a pussy. I think he has a good upswing. I see him lasting about five years in the show. Make good paper and bow out. I think he's a work in process on the basketball court.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Bingo.
    I'm more excited to see if Hibbert stays, because if he does, he could be the No. 1 pick next year.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

He's very unique and very loud, and a lot of people don't like it.

5. Drew Gooden.
    Maybe.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Drew Gooden is an idiot with great physical tools but the lower 25% in basketball IQ.

Noah is the exact opposite. He's the guy who does all the little things, blocked shot, rotation, quick pass out of the double team, cut to the basket. He's a scrapper, and one of the unique ones, a "big" who does the little things. He would be great on the Suns because he could fill in the blanks where needed.

The Horfords and Brewers look better on paper but they get their chance to shine because of what Noah brings. Horford has got the look of the bust, more than Noah, because here's a guy who was supposed to dominate and he has yet to do so. Brewer hit some huge shots against UCLA so if DerMarr Johnson can get multiple jobs, Brewer can.

7. I definitely think the Gooden comparison is way off. Gooden does have a low basketball IQ and his effort comes and goes.

I think Noah is a bit overrated because he doesn't necessarily do anything great. But he does a lot of things well. I see him as an energy guy you can put in the lineup who will get rebounds, play defense and get 10-12 points a night from putbacks and running the floor for dunks. I see him sort of like I see his predecessor from Florida, David Lee. He's probably a few steps ahead of where Lee was coming out of UF, but he can be that type of guy in the league. I don't like Noah because of his personality, but I don't question his effort and desire. Guys with those two qualities go a long way in the NBA because there aren't many.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hibbert the No. 1 overall pick? In the NBDL maybe. I'm not saying he won't be a lottery pick. But there's NO WAY he'll ever go No. 1.

9. boots

boots New Member

Ouch.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

You just don't understand and appreciate his "joie de vivre." Stupide Americain.
    You'd have to have met the old man to understand. :D

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Noah would benefit most from another year. He needs to be on a team where he's actually expected to play well every night, not when it suits him or he gets off to a hot start. His flaws can be absorbed by Florida's overall talent.

Brewer should go now. He and Humphrey bailed the Gators out for two years.

12. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Noah will be an excellent complementary player. He'll do all the dirty work and hustle his ass off. He'll drive NBA veterans crazy.

Like someone else said, I think he could eventually have a Rodman-like impact.

Here's a question: Is there a place on an NBA roster for Lee Humphrey?
    I think there is, as a designated three-point shooter.

Draft saved Draft deleted