1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, You May Not...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 17, 2006.

1. trounced

trounced Active Member

It's obvious the ACLU went judge shopping on this one.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Must have found one of them thar evil activist judges, too.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's obvious trounced is a fucking retard.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Don't worry, trounced. I'm sure this one's headed to SCOTUS.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

W went judge shopping there.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I dare say this case was so damn obvious that you couldn't find one who wouldn't have ruled exactly the same way.

7. trounced

trounced Active Member

I'm a retard because I have an opinion that differs from your opinion? The plaintiffs should have had no standing in this case. The sixth will overturn this in a heartbeat.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're a retard because, well, not to put too fine a point on it, but because you're a retard. Has nothing to do with differing opinion.

My reply aped the substance of your original comment, oh esteemed legal scholar.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

But they ruled against him in the Gitmo case - said he'd gone too far.

This could get good...

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yes, heaven forbid we didn't turn over all of our rights to a nebulous war on a concept.

I mean, the War on Drugs has been going so well...

What makes this all the more ridiculous is that Bush could get his law making the program legal.

He insists on stamping his foot on the gorund and claiming the program is legal because he says so.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I hate this stupid black-and-white line that's been drawn on everything.

Either you're behind the president and the White House's every move, or you're for the terrorists.

It's absolutely idiotic and more than a little dishonest. Obtaining a warrant in order to listen to private phone conversations in this country is one of the basic rules of law enforcement. It's a step that ensures our privacy, our rights and that our government never oversteps its bounds and becomes bigger than the people it's supposed to serve and protect.

There have been many an adjustment to this law to make it easy, especially in terrorism cases, for agencies to obtain these warrants. The burden of proof on the agencies is, at this point, miniscule. FOLLOW THE DAMN LAW.

And how anyone could place so much trust in the government that they're willing to hand over these basic rights is astonishing. This, might I remind you, is the same group of dipshits who mistakenly INVADED A COUNTRY. And you're willing to turn over your lives and rights and trust that these people will do the right thing? Damn.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One question, dog: Are you with Hezebollah or Al-Qeda?

Draft saved Draft deleted