1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NO Xplode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OkayPlayer, Jul 31, 2006.

1. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

The latest thing in MLB clubhouses is NO-Xplode. It's some uber creatine, or so it claims. Can somebodyd explain to me why taking this stuff isn't considered cheating while players on HGH are vilified as horrible human beings.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Sure, because we already have creatine in our system. Look at it as a vitamin. And it doesn't promote muscle growth and increased strength but muscle repair. Essential for most professional athletes today with the gruelling schedules they face.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Is there really anything wrong with taking Creatine or whey protein, please...

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Nope ...

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Pretty simple. NO Xplode is legal. HGH isn't.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Beyond that, according to one source, the addition to creatine to a vegetarian diet can help athletic performance.

Bottom line, though, it's not illegal. HGH is.

7. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

The legality thing to me is so arbitray. I mean in our society, alcohol is legal while weed isn't. Alchohol is much more dangerous.
    But that's the only legit explanation I can think of.

From the NO-Xplode label:

NO-Xplode has eliminated this problem by increasing you body's creatine
    saturation point. It completely opens up the blood vessels which feed the
    muscle, allowing the Muscle Volumizing Creatine Matrix to stretch the muscle
    cell and force it to hold more creatine and other volumizing nutrients.

That's different than just taking protein. Much different.

My point is this whole steroid thing is bigger than just right/wrong. I just have a hard time seeing why some things are OK and others aren't other than the arbitrary legality.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Where do you draw the line Fader? Creatine helps in repairing damage. So does Advil. Why is Advil legal?

The fact is, steroids were banned, in part, because of the danger factor. It's not as arbitrary as you think.

9. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

HGH hasn't been proven to be bad for you.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Possible damage includes problems with the liver and edema. I'm more likely to side with the evidence that shows it is bad than those trumpeting the belief that it isn't.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

HGH is perfectly legal with a prescription.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We're not talking just about HGH, though. And illegal or not, we're talking about why sporting leagues have banned it.

Draft saved Draft deleted