1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Wonder Why Peter Was Upset With Jet Fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Turns out now that he was responsible for Brett coming to the Jets:

2. How does he know he won't come back, somewhere, in August?

It comes down to the high regard he has for Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, dating back to last August. Let's go back to my visit to Favre's Mississippi house late last July, when it was apparent he wanted to play for one team and one team only -- Minnesota -- after he became convinced the Packers wouldn't give him his job back, but would give him permission to talk to teams of their choice in hopes he could be convinced to go somewhere else. Tannenbaum wanted Favre badly. I said to Favre he should at least talk to Tannenbaum; why wonder sometime down the road if it might have been a smart way to spend one or two final years in the NFL? A few nights later, Tannenbaum and Favre finally spoke and Tannenbaum began the sales job on Favre.

Who knew, Who knew that PK is really running The Jets.

I don't know about Tannenbaum. He comes across as pre teen running a rotisserie team.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And PK comes across as the spoiled fat kid with too much money and not enough attention... what's yer point?

3. Boom_70

Isn't it self evident?

4. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

When the Jets picked up Favre last summer, a friend of mine called to say that I'll now live happily ever after.
    I assured him that something would go wrong, and it did after I thought Super Bowl when they beat the Titans.

A note to Jet fans: Never get your hopes up.

Where's Richard Todd when you need him?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hanging out with Ken O'Brien

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At Boomer Esiason's house?

7. Boom_70

Visiting Pat Ryan

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

At Matt Robinson's house?

9. Boom_70

Moved on to John Huarte's house

10. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

At Browning Neagle's house?

11. Boom_70

Hanging with Al Woodall

12. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm beginning to see some kind of pattern here.
    I called the Jets braintrust -- pardon the oxymoron, and they said they're going to draft a kicker in the first round this year.
    You see, they should've drafted Nugent one round earlier in 2005 to piss the gallery off even more.

Draft saved Draft deleted