1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No wonder McShay was down on Clausen

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PirateSports, Apr 23, 2010.

1. PirateSports

PirateSports Member

From The State (Columbia, S.C)

The 6-foot-3, 2220-pound Clausen was rated as a first-round pick by many analysts, but wasn't selected on Thursday. Carolina took him ahead of his college teammate, Golden Tate, and other receiver prospects.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In fairness, much of the 2220 pounds was hair products.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's because he carried Weis the last three years.

4. Well played.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's still in better shape than JaMarcus Russell. :D

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

About 2,000 pounds of that was pure, undistilled ego.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If rookie hazing with the Panthers is anything like my NFL team, Claussen will lose that bad haircut for a chrome dome in July.

8. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Maybe Clausen should have stuck around ND for another year. Under Weis, Clausen learned the basics of playing in a pro system. A year under Brian Kelly and he would have learned discipline and maturity, and that would have locked up a first-round spot for him and a few million more dollars.

9. Exactly. After all, just look at how mature and disciplined that wide receiver was in his public reaction after Brian Kelly left Cincinnati for Notre Dame.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The whole Clausen family is an interesting one. I remember when Casey was being recruited, his father would call the local media to let them know when they'd be visiting and when he/they could be made available for interviews.

I'm sure a few saw it as refreshing, but a lot of people saw it as more "this is why we're more important than everyone else."

I'm sure someone on this board would know... Was Clausen's dad the ultimate QB father or did he keep his nose out of things?

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, he and Quinn both had the bubble screen mastered by the time Weis was done with them.

12. Stage dad of the absolute worst kind. Marv Marinovich, Part II. Worse in some ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted