1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Trump

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 16, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And he nearly got al-Alwaki with a drone the same week.

He had an awesome week regardless, but he came damn close to having the best week ever.

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Obama has no control over the irrational actions of an asshat like Trump. But he dealt with Trump the best way you could. You only ignore that fly buzzing around your table for so long. Eventually, you swat it.

First he kneecapped Trump by releasing the birth certificate, then he eviscerated him at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner, then he showed the difference between real leadership and TV-show wannabe-ism with the Osama raid.

Game, set, match.

And were still waiting for those "interesting things" your investigators in Hawaii found, Trump.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump's got a longer paper trail than Cheech and Chong. I knew I'd never see his financials and pre-nups. I doubt he's got more than 10% interest in any building that has his name. He's the Pierre Cardin of development. He licenses his name and collects royalties. Nice life. Miserable Person.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kind of fun to see the competitor in him come out against an embarrassingly overmatched sparring partner. The Donald could not have known what he was in for.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

al-Alwaki , Bin Laden and Ghadaffy would have been one hell of a pelt for 4 years, let alone 1 week. I still want to see Omar's scalp.

Thinking of Bin Laden and Saddam as equals, Obama needs to add at least one more tyrant to pull ahead of Bush in pelt race.

6. sportsguydave

I think Trump took a pass for a number of reasons ... the financial disclosure among them. But yeah, I agree: It must have been pretty obvious even to an attention whore like Trump that the free publicity wasn't going to be worth the beatdown he was already starting to get.

Don't worry, though ... there are plenty of other wacked-out Republican candidates waiting in the wings. :) Bachmann, Cain, Paul ...

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I wanted the Trump experience to last a little longer just to show how shallow/desperate the Republican party really is.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Karl Rove was on "Today" few days ago and Lauer asked how Trump had fallen from first to fifth in the polling. Without hesitation, Rove answered that this is a country with serious issues and he had based his candidacy on something that was proven to be ridiculous. Lauer tried to bait him about whether the bin Laden capture made people turn from a candidate like Trump, but Rove stuck to his guns that it was the birth certificate thing.

Count me as someone impressed that the nation reacted to the birth certificate unveiling the way it did. I didn't think the needle would move. I thought the birthers were entrenched. Although, I guess that's kind of scary, too, because it means there were some normal, persuadable people in that mix. (YF thinks they were just messing with the pollsters. I don't know. Maybe.)

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, we may see it yet. Many of the tinfoil-hat sites are buzzing that Trump taking a dump may bring one or both of the Wicked Witches into the mix.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Two clubs. [/badbridgejoke]

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't be so sure about any of that.

12. sportsguydave

Bachmann looks like a go, Palin a no-go at this point. But with Palin, you never know.

Draft saved Draft deleted