1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No trial for these *things*. Just call out the firing squad.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wow, it's like a Rainbow Coalition of psychotic fail

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's the Benetton of Fail.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The really, really ugly bizarro Benetton maybe.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Those three females look familiar...OK, they look like women on various Poindexter pedophile teacher threads. Man, seriously, looks like a photoshoot for a five-way tie for the weekly Darwin Award.

(And, needless to say, very morally decrepit people.)

5. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

You can't have public stonings, or vigilante justice or anything like that.

Sad as it seems, society can't reduce itself to the lowest common denominator. That is how society breaks down into total anarchy in the streets.

On the other hand, good stiff sentences with plenty of hard labor would be nice. No parole, just the rest of your life in a hot, cramped cell.

If it gets to anarchy, though, I hope I take out six assholes with my 36" Easton aluminum slugger before my own head gets bashed into cole slaw.

I'm working on my swing, ya know.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good post, Night Owl.

And a 36" bat? Lay off the 'roids, dude.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only thing sicker would be David Beckham frenching an Irish setter.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No mercy. Beet-picking detail in Poland, stone-breaking in New Mexico, an all-expenses-paid vacation to Tikrit, on special reserve for biomedical testing. Whatever it takes.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The woman in the middle in the upper row isn't half bad-looking. She's going to be someone's sex slave in prison.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The death penalty is one I struggle with for several reasons --

1.) To me, a life in the general population of a maximum security prison -- complete with gangs and the worst criminals imaginable is a worse punishment than the death penalty because death row prisoners are isolated and they get their sentence cut way short when they get killed.

2.) As it is applied here in this country -- and I understand and support the appeals process -- the disconnect between punishment and crime is usually so far it is hard to really call the death penalty a consequence. I mean, look at a guy like Mumia Abu Jamaal who have been on death row for 20 years or so -- by the time he is actually killed -- if he is actually killed -- will anyone except for the cop's widow and family really understand why he is being killed?

3.) Nobody sees the prisoners getting killed, thus it is hard to claim it as a deterrant to crime.

That being said -- if these five idiots are found guilty it is clearly a case that cries out for swift and complete justice of some sort, I'm just not sure death is the worst thing that can happen to them.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

additionally, i would like to know what in a person makes them do something like this. giving 'em the juice will teach us nothing.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

She's the ring leader of this motley crew.

Draft saved Draft deleted