1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Timeouts Left

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Mar 26, 2008.

1. rube

rube Active Member

Yeah they didn't really win squat.
    But for pure entertainment value, you couldn't beat them.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to defend them but I had forgotten how much talent passed through that conference during that era. IU was in the Final Four with Michigan in 1992 so I'm sure they had some pretty good players too. Michigan State had a pretty deep roster as well. Illinois was still pretty solid and so was Iowa.

3. rube

rube Active Member

Oh I agree. The Big Ten gets slammed pretty good now (and rightfully so) but from the late 80s and really through the majority of the 90s the Big Ten was as good a conference as any out there. Look at Michigan State's run in the late 90s early 00s ... Wisconsin made the Final Four in 00, and I believe Ohio State got in during the 99 tourney. Making two straight years of half the Final Four coming from the Big Ten.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They make it to the final game of the NCAAs two years in a row and people criticize? Wow.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I agree. They can be criticized for other things, but getting to the title game as freshmen and sophomores is pretty damned impressive.

6. Armchair_QB

And I think they were a 6 seed as freshmen.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I didn't want anyone poking fun at your spelling of Country Day, slappy. ;)

8. rube

rube Active Member

[​IMG]
    vs.
    [​IMG]

who takes it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Welllllllll, maybe because both final games flip-flopped in regards to both the point spread and the over/under in the final 2:00 of the game. That does tend to piss a lot of people off. ::) ::)

10. Armchair_QB

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't remember the end of the Duke game, but didn't they keep it close most of the way? If they were going to dump the game, one would think that they wouldn't have kept it close at all -- no one would have blamed them for getting blown out by the champs.

As to the UNC game, what was the spread? If Webber was going to dump the game, didn't he score Michigan's last basket -- the one that brought them within 1?

12. Armchair_QB

I think they led at halftime against the Dookies.

Draft saved Draft deleted