1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No talking at the movies........or else

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/index.html

Maybe this will stop people from talking at the movies all across the country

(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
    ames Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.
    Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.
    An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
    Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Open mouth, insert cell phone, shove deeply.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Philadelphia. Why am I not surprised?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I will buy that man a drink.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

When I first read this, I thought "Awesome. That'll show those louder motherf-ers."

Then I realized that this guy seriously brought a gun with him to watch a movie and it made me realize this douche was just looking for a fight and was likely going to shoot someone for some reason.

Good thing we have that second amendment to protect his rights to carry a gun inside a public movie theater though. Wouldn't want him to not have the option, right?

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, there have to be better ways to handle this.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If it were a Gaza movie theater, the man would've launched rockets at the man's family.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Huh?

He has carried that gun for everyday of his adult life probably.

So, your comment is doubtful.

I'm with hondo (bronze that comment).

People who talk during movies should be arrested.

I don't mean an occasional whisper "hey, that guy was in Armageddon"... gut unadulterated, rude fucking conversations.

9. schiezainc

How hard would it have been to tell the guy to shut the f*** up and, if he didn't listen, go to theater officials and either ask them to shut the guy up, kick him out or refund your money?

No, shoot the guy. That's much better. ::(

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess situations like this illustrate when people mean when they say "An armed society is a polite society."

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Would have been a better idea to shoot a fat chick.

12. schiezainc

No it wouldn't have. She would have started leaking gravy.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted