1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No swearing in Middleboro, Mass.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jim Eisenreich thinks this law is bullSHIT! COCK SHIT DAMN FUCK! BULLSHIT! Really, really wrong.

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Not to take myself to seriously, but Tourette's manifests itself that way in a tiny minority of sufferers. For most of us it's muscular and facial tics accompanied sometimes by small grunts or throat clearing. And it sucks to live with it when you're going through a period of intense tics.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, no, no - "greater good" - which is the justification for just about every freedom restricting bad law ever passed.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

wow, that's a great website. . . . .for 1998.
    (and really, would you want to brag about being on Leno? I would be ashamed of that.)

5. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I suspect there are a dozen attorneys associated with the ACLU who are ready to make a Constitutional challenge to this new law.

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Hmm. Difficult to enforce, and even tougher to prove.

What if I call someone a "dink," which I frequently do, and a nearby police officer mishears me?

What if I call someone a "retard," which I frequently do? It's not a swear word, but it's certainly not a nice thing to call someone.

What if I'm with a group of people, one of them drops an F-bomb, and the police officer can't tell who said it. Do we all get ticketed?

This kind of thing has to be a nightmare for the town justice. I imagine he/she is going to have a ton of people in there challenging these citations.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Not to mention the cost of defending the inevitable 1st Amendment suit. Town counsel must be a moron.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

F-bombs don't actually put other people's lives at risk. Selfish, idiotic behavior such as driving while texting does. Try to do a better job of keeping up next time.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Think of the fucking children.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Next time you're in Middleboro, remember the advice of the Reno Sheriff's Department>

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/28blid/reno-911--swearing-song

"Cuss like a sailor, I may take you to the jailer..."

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That was the Second Mile credo. Too bad the founder suffered from dyslexia.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I laughed. And now I feel bad about myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted