1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No swearing at BU sporting events

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

1). Yeah, much like the Red Sox fans who yell "Yankees Suck" regardless of which team Boston is playing, fans really should stay sober enough to know whom the opponent is. But when you're in college, nothing is cooler than being a drunken imbecile.
    2). That song brings back memories of a Patriots exhibition game my dad took me to circa 1981. That was when I first heard it. I also remember the Patriots going 4-0 in the preseason and 1-15 in the regular season.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was that the year the Colts beat the Patriots in the opener and finale...and lost 14 in a row in the middle?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BU makes a killing off its hockey program, so much so that it was deluded into thinking it could survive without football 10 years ago. And it could make more, if the casual Boston sports fan paid more attention to college hockey -- better quality hockey than the Bruins have put out the past 10 years -- than watching for two Tuesdays in February.

4. The controversy about the song "Black Betty" was long after I left, but I can honestly tell you that it was such a vital part of UNH hockey that I don't remember it ever being played at a game.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did you ever attend a class with George O'leary? Jackie Mac?

As a sidebar - best hockey player I've ever seen out of UNH - Sean Cody

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Imagine that... A school where the academic departments have all the resources they need and the athletic boosters aren't more powerful than the Dean. T. Boone Pickens just called. He said that's obscene.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The dean's just a front man. John Silber may only have some kind of emeritus title now, but he'll be running BU until his casket drops.
    Silber would've dumped football in '93 if he could've, but that was the year we went 11-0 and beat Kurt Warner's Northern Iowa team in ther first round of the 1-AA playoffs before loisng at Idaho. We went to the tournament again the next year, but football went to seed after the late Dan Allen left for Holy Cross (curious lateral move for a guy who won big), and by '97, we were in the Yankee Conference cellar and Silber could make his move.
    Just my luck - BU is led by the only Texan in the world who hates football. As Silber once said, "The Ivy League is a football association."

8. Boom_70

Well there may be no football but you do have a lot of true sloe eyed Sabra's walking around

with 'bitchin bods .

BC can't claim that . They just have fat preppy girls for CT with Daddy's credit card.

9. Struck out one night at Mary Ann's, did we, big fella?

10. Boom_70

No - struck out - shit - thought I was at a frat party with Mandy Pepparage and Greg Marmalard- could not get out of Cleveland Circle fast enough.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Boom, why didn't you go find some senioritas over in Mattapan Square?

12. Boom_70

the babes on Blue Hill ave are more wordly. the BC babes are one dummer than the other - destin for a husband named Biff and a closet full of Lilly Pulizer flowered clothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted