1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No steak for O.J.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Slydell, May 9, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

She was.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. That will phase him.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He'll take any legal shot he can to try to shake someone down. Since he's unemployable,
    what else do you expect the poor, put-upon creep to do?

Personally, I believe that a public dining establishment should have every right to bar a demonstrable social misfit from its premises.

5. IU90

IU90 Member

As I understand it, as long as the place is privately owned, he has the right to refuse service to anyone he wants as long as the reason isn't because of just a few protected categories like race, religion, or ethnicity. And I don't see how the O.J. could prove it was because of race (which it obviously wasn't) given that the guy regularly serves with open arms any African American NOT named O.J. Simpson. But, who knows, slickster lawyers have gotten juries to buy into far more implausible theories before (like, for example, that 94 criminal trial featuring that Simpson guy).

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Now this is 'justice,' IMO:

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/12/o-j-simpson-wont-sue-over-restaurant-incident/

I'm very happy OJ is not suing over this matter. The restaurateur's ill-conceived action will not provide OJ more opportunity for legal grandstanding in this instance. Sweet.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I was hoping he would sue, the restaurant would rake it in over the publicity, O.J. would win, the restaurant makes even more money -- much more than the verdict against it -- and then the entire amount given to O.J. would be signed over to the Goldmans. Shit, now that isn't going to happen.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe O.J. (or someone advising him) realized early on that's exactly what would happen if he did sue.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

He will, or the rest of his miserable life, be a lying, hiding coward.
    How's that search for the real killers going, Juice?

10. IU90

IU90 Member

If the real killers happen to be hiding on a South Florida golf course, then the search is diligently proceeding.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Perhaps he'd followed the real killers to that restaurant in Louisville...now we will never know.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

talk about a miscarrage of justice.

Draft saved Draft deleted