1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No SNL season debut thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, much of it sucked... and I fell asleep shortly after the weekend update. Monologue sucked, but Fox kept semi-bowing, showing off her rack so... push. I thought Myers was excellent on WU, but then they bring in "Show Killer" Keenan (whatever his last name is) for the French Def Comedy Jam shit - which has NEVER been funny - and follow it up with the "just kidding" gal. THUD.

2. Killick

BTW, the Jenny Slater F-bomb:
    #t=17

[​IMG]
    "Newbie, you fucked up."

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good luck the rest of the year, now that they've used up the spectacular Fox bullet.

Average "show" during this year's 90-minute package: 7 minutes, tops.
    Guaranteed.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Awful, awful first show. Truly dreadful even for SNL.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Life's too short to watch this shit. Swear to God.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That is saying something, because SNL hasn't been funny since about 1996.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And it looks like she knew it as soon as it slipped out, too.

8. Killick

So, let's see: Ryan Reynolds and Lady Gaga next week. Reynolds seems like a funny guy in interviews I've seen him in, so maybe that'll translate. And if SNL doesn't do something funny about Gaga (supposedly) having a cock, they're cowards.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The French Def Comedy Jam guy makes me laugh. Can't explain it. Know it's stupid. Still laugh.
    Weekend Update was tremendous and I did like the second Digital Short with Optimus Prime.
    Other than that, wasn't too pleased with the show - except when the newbie dropped the F bomb.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The new cast member who uttered the f bomb won't be fired. But she did miss her first post-show cast party.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/09/27/2009-09-27_saturday_night_live_cast_member_jenny_slate_drops_the_fbomb_during_skit.html

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show is full of supporting players, but no "big dogs." It's kind of like Mayberry RFD - sure the scenery is familiar and a lot of the characters are the same - but without Andy Griffith there isn't much point. They used to have two or three people in the cast who would just own every skit they were in - no matter how lame it was. Now - not so much.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

About the funniest thing was the Judy Hodges "justkiddingjustkiddingjustkidding" bit on Weekend Update. The rest is unmemorable.

Draft saved Draft deleted