1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Snickers in Gay Bars - another example of hysteria

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Most definitely the former. You know, some things just stand the test of time and the latest spit from the thought police.

2. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Or for a fun twist, when I was in high school, I lived in a town that was 76 percent Jewish. Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur were school holidays (which, for the non-denominational Christian me, was awesome).

You could count the number of African American or Hispanic kids in school on two hands, though we had a solid population of recent Middle Eastern immigrants.

We referred to a poorer section of town as the ghetto. So since it's most Jewish kids calling each other kids Jewish, what were we really saying, hmm?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

geo. w. bush, chief of police.

and you are barney fife, one bullet and all, patrolling for WMD.

4. that would be a prime example of ghetto, my friend. there's this beautiful building acroos the street, and where are we?

we're in the crappy, dark, dank dungeon of a training room converted into temporary work space.

they also made us ride in a bus that had a hole in the floor. Ghetto.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jon Stewart did a great job mocking the outrage about both ads the other night. Absolutely hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted