1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Show Rudy.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 19, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The ISG was transcendent, compared to W's constantly-faulty logic.

Even when W is right (occasionally!), it's almost always for the wrong reasons.

His apologists cannot be reasoned with, as they refuse to acknowledge the countless telling points,
    mounting against his "legacy".

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Although a very bright guy, Rudy is running on a platform of exactly two issues:

1) I'm tough -- whether it is with squeege bums in NYC or Osama, I'll be tough with anyone who is against my interests (and maybe that of the country). I talk tough and I act tough.

2) 9/11 (a.k.a. -- I'm a leader). No matter what crisis comes up, I can handle it. Look at what a great job I did after 9/11.

Everything else is just background. He doesn't need to get bogged down in policy issues like what exactly we need to do in Iraq.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The wheels have come off for me in any interest I once had for Rudy as president.

The Village Voice did a pretty good rip job on him a few weeks ago that left a lot of folks rethinking things.

5. IU90

IU90 Member

I am already dreading the prospect that Rudy and Hillary are going to be our only realistic choices in November 08. Just once I wish there'd be a candidate left at the end that was exciting and different.

6. Rudy's SC chairman has problems of his own.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/docs/ravenel-indictment/

Lindsey Graham (R-Beard) is dancing around singing show tunes today, since Ravenel was talking about primarying him from the right.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Forgot to add this (sorry if it's d_b) but he isn't going to be at the Straw Poll during the Iowa State Fair in August. He said he's better off spending $2 million campaigning than to do a "dress rehersal" with the peanut gallery.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, that's not going over so well in Iowa...

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He feels pretty, oh, so pretty . . .

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was that the piece about the Yankess? If so, that was very well researched, if a little muddy in its presentation. The fact that a grown man and mayor of the most important city in the world broke all sorts of rules in order to get a 1996 World Series ring is comical.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I still don't know how his former chauffeur became NYC's top cop and aone step away from becoming the head of Homeland Security.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted